Updated with IFRS and Nordic cases
This well-structured and thoughtful text is ideal for students in accounting and finance at master level, MBA students and even undergraduate students wishing to gain insight into financial statement analysis.
Most text-books in financial statement analysis focus on valuation only. By focusing on the three user-groups equity, credit and compensation analysts the authors present a variety of targeted tools and techniques for analysis and interpretation of financial statements. This text prompts students and professionals with a range of career goals to think critically when analyzing financial data and to make different decisions based on user-group objectives.
· A four-part themed approach: (1) introduction to financial reporting and bookkeeping, (2) key financial analysis including profitability, growth and liquidity analysis, (3) decision making including forecasting, valuation analysis, credit analysis and how to evaluate and reward management s performance, and (4) accounting flexibility and adjustments needed for different users
· An integrated case study that runs throughout the text
· Mini-cases throughout the text to show real world applications
· Clear and comprehensive figures, featuring actual financial data
· A companion website for students will be launched in 2017.
· Instructors will also be provided with resources to support lectures.
Christian Vriborg Petersen, PhD, is Professor at Copenhagen Business School. Thomas Plenborg, PhD, is Professor at Copenhagen Business School. Finn Kinserdal, PhD, is Associate Professor at Norwegian School of Economics.